Sunday, July 19, 2009

Both feet

Yesterday I got the get-back-to-work phone call from Coach. Actually, to be honest, I initiated the call. It's been a nice break, but I am more than ready to get back at it.

Wish granted. This week's training plan has me jumping right back in with both feet. Group rides, 2 hour runs, etc. 3 sessions a day most days, capping it off with a sprint tri on the weekend. . . and I practically had to pull out an exercise physiology textbook to reacquaint myself with some of the terms. Tempo run?? What does that mean, again?

Right off the bat, I was reminded of the unfortunate truth that the difficulty ratio of a swim workout in a long course meters pool, as compared to the same one in short course yards is approximately infinity to one. I don't care what the actual distance conversion is.
(If you look closely, you can probably see me almost drowning 3rd lane from the right)


But, for all of my mock complaining, I am more than happy to be back in a routine. I absolutely love my j-o-b (it feels ridiculous to call what I do work). Besides, without heavy training to occupy all of my free time, I was starting to make some poor decisions. For one thing, I signed up for twitter. . .as if this blog doesn't provide enough excessive information, I will now be polluting the information highways with even more frequent updates.

Even worse, I managed to convince myself that do-it-yourself wedding invitations were a good idea. Seriously? Do you even know the last time I completed an arts and crafts project? I don't either, but I think it was sometime around 2nd grade when we made those Thanksgiving turkey's, which only require the ability to trace your hand.

I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, but I may have gotten in over my head on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment