Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Life on the "Outside"

After a month in the Hawaii training bubble, I'm back in San Diego. Now that I'm home, life is returning to normal, which basically means that all the usual training distractions--most of them good distractions, but distractions nonetheless--are also back. Errands to run, friends to catch up with, a wedding to plan, thesis to write--you get the drift. So much harder to ignore things like, oh, the parking ticket that needs to be paid (for parking in a BIKE LANE, no less, shame on me!) when it's sitting right in front of you.

What's that you say?. . .Happy hour tonight? Oh, but I haven't done my swim yet.


Kirsten, me, James, Rachel, & Beth--impromptu post Happy Hour photo shoot

(By the way, I DID still do my swim, it just may or may not have been after a marg. Thanks, Rachel.)

Don't worry, I'm still finding plenty of time to train. Off to the pool now for a 4k swim, followed by a tempo run tonight.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I bet it went great too, because a marg always helps.

    Sorry I missed the Tues am wake up call.. I wish I could have ridden with you girls! Great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that foto, seen it now on RR, Beth's and your post, it is so classic!!! Glad you are back home and safe...enjoy catching up with Andy and life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try that. Maybe I'll actually be able to swim better if I've got a marg buzz!

    ReplyDelete